A complete guide to how to close US bank account
TABLE OF CONTENT
Closing a US bank account can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. Whether you're moving to a different country, switching to a new bank, or simply closing an account that you no longer need, there are a few important steps you should take to ensure a smooth and stress-free process. This article will guide you through the steps to close US bank account. If you're leaving US Bank and searching for a new provider, have a look at the DNBC Financial Group services instead. It's an easy method to transfer money throughout the world with lower costs and the best competitive exchange rates.
A complete guide to how to close US bank account
Before you close your US bank account, there are several things you need to do to ensure a smooth transition. The following steps will help you get started:
- Review your account activity: Before closing your bank account, make sure you have reviewed all of your account activity. This will help you identify any outstanding checks or pending transactions that you need to take care of before closing your account.
- Withdraw your funds: Before closing your account, you need to withdraw all of your funds. This includes any money in your checking, savings, or investment accounts. You can do this by visiting your local branch, or ATM, or by transferring your funds to another account.
- Cancel any automatic payments or direct deposits: If you have any automatic payments or direct deposits set up with your bank account, make sure to cancel them before closing your account. This will help you avoid any missed payments or bounced checks.
- Pay any outstanding fees: If you have any outstanding fees, such as overdraft fees or monthly maintenance fees, make sure to pay them before closing your account. Otherwise, the bank may report your account as delinquent, which can negatively impact your credit score.
- Notify any relevant parties: If you have any outstanding checks or pending transactions, make sure to notify the relevant parties (such as your landlord or utility company) that you'll be closing your account.
How to close my US bank account
Personal checking/savings accounts
Call us at 800-USBANKS (872-2657) to speak with a representative about consumer checking and savings accounts. We accept calls via relay.
You can also request that your account be closed in writing. Include your whole account number and signature, and then send it to:
Customer Service PO Box 64991 Saint Paul, Minnesota 55164-9505
Our automatic phone system doesn’t allow you to close your account. Do not enter any information or press any keys at the start of the call. The system will prompt you to enter information three times. After the third time, stay on the line and your call will be sent to the next available agent.
Business checking/savings accounts
Contact a representative at 877-593-1102 for business checking and savings accounts. We accept calls through the relay.
You may also complete the request in person at any US Bank branch. We recommend that you schedule an appointment to allow for questions and processing.
Have you signed in to the mobile app? On your dashboard, click the Make an appointment button.
Are you logged in to your online banking? Begin by going to the top of your website and selecting Customer service, followed by Make an appointment.
You are not logged in? Visit and then, in the upper left corner, click Locations and input your ZIP code. Choose the branch where you want to arrange an appointment, then click Make an appointment.
Further details for closing US bank account
If you're calling from outside the United States, you can reach US bank by making a collect call at 503-401-9991. They’ll agree to pay the charges.
When your account is closed, you won't be able to access mobile and online banking services anymore, except for mortgages. If you have a mortgage account, you can use mobile and online banking for up to one year after closing.
Accounts can’t be closed during overnight processing, which is usually between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. CT. Please contact them outside of these hours if you want to close your account.
Download the DNBCnet App for free
DNBCnet App is a leading international money transfer app that offers fast and secure payments. The program allows users to send money to over 200 countries at low charges and competitive exchange rates. The DNBCnet App is simple to use and navigate, with a basic interface that makes sending and receiving money easy.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- The fees are reasonable, and the exchange rates are competitive.
- Transfers are both fast and safe
- User-friendly interface
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When moving money internationally or converting foreign currencies , the DNBCnet App can save you up to 10 times more than a traditional bank.
About DNBC Financial Group
DNBC Financial Group is a global financial entity that provides an innovative digital payment system, a fast payment platform, and a straightforward online money transfer /receiving facility to people and companies across the world . The objective of DNBC Financial Group is to streamline financial transactions globally, guarantee seamless day-to-day transactions, and ensure that clients always meet their payment deadlines.
Business term deposits allow companies to deposit funds for a fixed period at a competitive interest rate. The longer your money remains deposited, the higher the returns. If you want your business to benefit from high-yield term deposits, it's key to shop around at different banks and compare options. By assessing term lengths, interest rates, additional fees, and fine print, you can find a business term deposit that maximizes returns.
Business escrow accounts provide a secure way to facilitate transactions between businesses. An escrow account holds funds in trust until certain conditions of a deal are met. Once the required conditions are fulfilled, the funds are released to the appropriate parties. Using an escrow account for business deals helps ensure transparency, accountability, and security for all involved.
The rise of digital technology has changed the way businesses manage their finances. Mobile business banking has become an essential tool for entrepreneurs, simplifying financial management, increasing accessibility, and promoting financial growth. In this comprehensive guide, we explore the realm of mobile business banking, answer the question of how mobile banking is different from online banking, and explain how mobile banking works.