Level: Mid-Senior level.
DNBC Financial Group is a global financial institution that desires to bring you breakthrough business solutions, currency exchange, making payments and transfers simpler, faster than ever. Besides focusing on the key areas such as Central Europe, Eastern Europe, United Kingdom and the United States, Singapore is a great market for us to expand, connect customers, create sustainable development based on cross-border financial and utility platforms.
We are looking for a senior compliance officer to join the team of motivated financial/technology professionals in Singapore, and be part of the expert global compliance group.
Why join us?
- We offer an attractive salary that commensurates with work experience.
- We provide opportunities for career advancement within the company.
- We advocate a safe working environment for all of our employees.
- Be the primary point of contact for regulators and banking partners in Singapore and regionally including, but not limited to MAS.
- Coordinate with Business Compliance to ensure compliance policies are in alignment with both Singapore and corporate expectations.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Assess general compliance risks for all new products and services offered to the SG market, and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Perform compliance testing and monitoring required by corporate compliance policy.
- Periodically review and revise policies and procedures to ensure they are current and complete.
- Review and enhance corporate compliance training to ensure all local requirements are addressed.
- Oversee preparation and filling of regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage the AML audit process related Singaporean regulators, other regulatory bodies, and banking partners.
- Stay abreast of regulatory policies for relevant SG agencies – i.e. MAS.
- Similarly, monitor global regulatory environment – i.e. Asia-Pacific (APAC) markets.
- Review responses to all compliance inquiries from partner banks, regulators, etc.
- Review marketing and sales literature, performance presentations, and advertising materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews on high-risk customers and AML/CTF investigations as appropriate.
- Assess potential sanctions matches and coordinate appropriate action for confirmed matches as required by local regulation.
- Singaporean required.
- Be fluent in English.
- Bachelors in Law, Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- M.B.A., J.D., L.L.M., or other advanced degree is a plus
- Professional certification such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), is required to absent an advanced degree
- 3+ years in a previous compliance managerial position at a brokerage, banking, trading, or payments institution, preferably in a technology function
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Singaporean regulatory environment, including regulations, and other federal laws and expectations
- Familiarity with anti-money laundering and know-your-customer best practices in SG and other APAC markets.
- Experience and established relationships in any of the following industries: Brokerage, Banking, Online Payments or Trading Markets, Exchanges
- Experience developing policies and implementing procedures that balance compliance and risk versus innovation
- Skilled in collaborating with stakeholders at all levels across technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to lead in a growing company environment with focused and hardworking individuals
Work Location: Raffles Place, #40-02, One Raffles Place, Office Tower 1, Singapore 048616.
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Regular Hours: Mondays - Fridays
Dress Code: Business (e.g. Shirts)
Benefits: Medical, Miscellaneous allowance, Dental.
Spoken Language: English. Vietnamese/Chinese is a plus.